CSAA Conference Heading to Nebraska
June 17-20, 2018
Program filled...as of March 2018
As one of the hosts of the 2018 CSAA conference, Homestead National Monument of America is a unit of the National Park Service and is located four miles west of Beatrice, Nebraska. It is the site of the Freeman School, a one-room school built in 1872. Southeast Community College will serve as the venue and looks forward to attendees from across America!
CSAA welcomes you to submit your presentation
for the 2018 conference.
- One-room country schools are considered historical educational icons and the CSAA exists to promote their preservation. Our remaining schoolhouses represent treasured American values: sound education, simplicity, national values, and self-reliance. Groups and individuals are working across the U.S. and Canada to save these structures, create or maintain programs in them, and produce photographic documentaries about them. Other efforts include working with preservation groups, undertaking historical research, and creating living history.
- The CSAA annual conference is your opportunity to share information relating to country schools current and past.
- Conference proposals relating to all areas of country school preservation and history are now being solicited by the CSAA for the 2018 Annual Conference to be held at Southeast Community College and Homestead National Monument of America, Beatrice, Nebraska from June 17th-20th, 2018.
- We invite you to offer traditional PowerPoint and audio-visual presentations, poster sessions, panel discussions, photographic presentations, artistic and antique displays, re-enactments, as well as video productions. Ideas to support preservation efforts such as fund raising, grant writing, and website development are encouraged.
- Presentations should last up to 45 minutes and center on any and all phases of country
- Review of the proposals will begin promptly upon receipt. Please provide detailed information below to fully explain your presentation and contribution to the CSAA conference theme. Proposals including new research, interactivity, proven practices, and that are directly related to the Country School Association of America's mission are preferred.
- All presenters are asked to register for a minimum of one full day, but are encouraged to take part in the full 3-day conference to enjoy all its benefits.
TO SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL, PLEASE LINK TO OUR WEBSITE BELOW AND COMPLETE THE SUBMISSION FORM:
Additional Information:Beatrice is located 40 miles south of Lincoln and 90 miles south of Omaha. Here you will immerse yourself in the story of homesteading on the Great Plains, enjoy two days of presentations, and delve into the history of the 1902 Nebraska Supreme Court “Bible Case” involving the Freeman School, and learn of the Blizzard of 1888 and its impact on country schools in Nebraska. Visit outstanding country schools on the annual schoolhouse tour! Southeast Community College will join the effort to welcome conference attendees from across the country.
- Southeast Community College
- Peru State College
- Little Brick Schoolhouse
- Pleasant View Schoolhouse
- Cracker Box School
- Harmony School
- Heritage School
- The Story of Homesteading
- Heritage Center at Homestead
- Indian Boarding School for Otoe-Missouri
Printable flyer below:
For a look at the scenic byway passing through Beatrice access the link below: